X Rays and Other New Adventures  

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We finally closed the Wisconsin chapter of our lives. It is a place I grew particularly close to, so it was a sad farewell. One night in a hotel, and a plane flight, and it was over. I tried to focus on the new adventure our family would embark on as we uprooted our family to the East Coast. I held it together for the most part. Until we landed. When I drove out of the airport in Philadelphia, I was overcome with emotion. THIS was my new home. And I was sad.

But we had a smooth move into our new home (much smoother than our last move) and we have had a blast. Greg doesn't start for a few weeks so we have been spending our time juggling kids, unpacking boxes, and buying furniture to fill the new areas of our home.

Going to church was great. I've thrown myself into making friends and meeting people, so that once Greg does start work, I'll have an established group of friends in place.

In all of our unpacking, I finally found the printer. So I was finally able to scan this:


Luckily, everything is healing quite well. In fact I hardly think about it anymore. I have almost no pain and can pretty much do everything I used to do "pre-nail." Aside from a small hole in my thumb nail, I'm pretty much as good as new.

Now as we start our new life here in New Jersey, I want to extend an invitation to any of you to come visit us. We would love to have you! We are currently working on creating an amazing hotel suite (aka boys room) for any visitors who are looking for a New York or Philadelphia getaway.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


9 Validations of my effort: to “ X Rays and Other New Adventures ”

  • hilary w
    May 26, 2010 at 7:34 PM  

    Wow...what an X-ray picture! I'm so glad it's doing much better than it looks! :)

    I'm glad you guys are having fun together as a family. I can't wait to see pictures of the boys' room!

  • dan
    May 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

    This comment has been removed by the author.

  • Jill
    May 26, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

    The xray is IMPRESSIVE. Nice to have that over with.

    I hope the sadness fades as you get situated and make new friends. I'm excited for you, and wish you all the best.

  • Laura
    May 26, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

    You guys will do so well in NJ because you're you! You'd do well anywhere you moved. Best wishes on getting settled! Love the x-ray pic too.

  • Angela and Mike
    May 26, 2010 at 9:07 PM  

    Are we going to be the first to stay in the Amazing Rose Suite? I'm very excited. Glad that everything went smoothly and you guys are settling in. Have fun enjoying Greg for the next few weeks. I want to see pics of the new place!

  • Chanell
    May 27, 2010 at 7:58 AM  

    That x-ray is insane! I still can't believe that happened. I'm glad your thumb is feeling better.
    I can't wait to see pictures of your new place. How exciting!

  • Hksedwick
    May 27, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

    Wow awesome Xray. We are excited that you guys are out here. We will definitely come up to see you. Also, You guys can come get a feel for the capital of the confederacy anytime...we'd love that.

  • Jordan
    May 28, 2010 at 2:33 PM  

    hello hi-d, glad you settled in alright there in New Jersey. One recommendation from a caring brother in law. When you are putting together that hotel suite you mentioned, try to avoid the use of nail guns. good luck!

  • stephanie624
    June 8, 2010 at 7:35 AM  

    When I first moved to Philly, I was sad too. It is not the nicest or friendliest place in the world. But as I moved away last month I realized how much I had grown to love it. I know you will be in NJ and not Philly, but that area has so much to offer and a lot of good people. We will definitely be back there for the open house of the temple. Hopefully we will see you then.