Back in the Saddle  

Tuesday, May 11, 2010


Yes this is a picture of me using the VERY same nail gun (although a bit dark) that sent me to the ER just 5 days ago. I have to admit, I was more than a bit reluctant to jump right back into using the nail gun, but thanks to wonderful wonderful Carolyn, we finished (or I should say SHE finished) both of the beds today. They turned out lovely and I can't wait to get them sanded and painted. The final pictures will be posted soon! (and I mean very soon because the movers pack us up in 5 days!)

I am happy to report there were no incidents this go round (minus a small burn on Greg's part, but nothing serious, like say a nail through a finger or anything of that nature)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 Validations of my effort: to “ Back in the Saddle ”

  • Jordan
    May 12, 2010 at 1:34 AM  

    Glad you're back at it Heidi! Hope all heals up well. I haven't been commenting on all of your posts but I always love reading them even if I don't always comment! I'm in english 150 right now and I always think of you when I'm in that class because you are good at applying all the things we learn in that class. Way to go! I guess I'm confused why you didn't just buy the bunk beds in New Jersey? But that's ok, I guess I'll just not worry about it.

  • Barlow Fam
    May 12, 2010 at 5:07 AM  

    Yeah! I can't wait to see them. :)

  • Sharon
    May 12, 2010 at 7:27 AM  

    I AM SO IMPRESSED THAT YOU GOT BACK ON THE HORSE!!!!

  • Angela and Mike
    May 12, 2010 at 8:14 AM  

    Whew. That makes me nervous just watching! I actually am seriously considering making the queen bed...but the instructions still looked a little confusing. Maybe I'll give you a call and see if you can help me a little.

  • Jill
    May 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM  

    Yes, doesn't everyone make furniture five days before a major move???