Matchy Matchy
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Something about the holidays really brings out the dork in me. I do my best to stifle it all year long (although I think most would beg to differ), but come December the dorkiness starts to emerge. I start to sing out loud to Christmas music in the grocery store. My red sweat socks make their debut, and my latest Christmas faux pas, I made my family match at our church Christmas party.
When I pulled out the matching scarves with a big smile and wide eyes, Greg gave me the eye roll and the sigh. And then he put it on. I giggled. Jackson even wore a santa hat. While I thought our family was adorable, Greg couldn't help but feel like he just walked out of a singing and dancing Gap commercial. And unfortunately he was not alone in his observation. Several members of our ward made comments about his scarf. He complained-- my wife made me do it; I'm taking one for the team; i know it's ridiculous. But I know he secretly liked the attention.
So here is the family picture that will go down in infamy. And for the record, he continued to wear the scarf post picture. He either really loves me, or he is a big dork inside, just like I am. 
December 13, 2009 at 7:59 PM
hahah.. your not a dork heidi.. the scarfs are nice.. now, just don't make me wear a scarf when you come for christmas in houston and you will remain a non dork in my book
December 14, 2009 at 12:10 AM
I think he really loves you AND is a big dork inside.
I don't even try and hide my dorkiness. Dorks have so much more fun! I love the matchy matchy. I'll have to test it out on Mike sometime. Since we went to the same office for work, he would always make me go up and change if we were wearing the same colors. haha.
December 14, 2009 at 12:49 AM
where's Bennett's? scarf?! hehe so cute!
December 14, 2009 at 2:51 AM
YOu do look like you came straight out of a Gap commercial. Too bad Tiger isn't sponsored by Gap, you could have his job.
Cute picture by the way.
December 14, 2009 at 8:13 AM
You guys are so cute. I love matching, too! :) You look gorgeous, by the way!
December 14, 2009 at 3:40 PM
Lookin good! A prefect little family! You're lucky. Dan would NEVER go for that matching stuff...
December 17, 2009 at 9:02 AM
Dorks rule.