Cowlick
Thursday, December 4, 2008
One of the wonderful things about having kids is the ability you have to pass on things to the next generation. Your talents, beliefs, and traditions can continue to posterity through your kids.
However, some things get passed on to kids whether they like it or not. In our case, our kids will be burdened with crazy cowlicks and bedwetting. I will be addressing the more socially acceptable of the two.
With parents that donned cowlicks such as this: 
and this: 
it was no wonder that we would produce a child with hair like this: 
and this: 
Jackson was doomed from the beginning. As if it wasn't hard enough to cut a toddlers hair, he's got cowlicks in the front and back.
But what i didn't expect was the wildcard that came from Bennett. He's got a cowlick all right, but where did the curly cue come from? 
I'm already planning next years halloween costume.
I can't wait to see what haircut I come up with to deal with this cowlick.
December 4, 2008 at 9:39 PM
Too funny! Lincoln's cowlick looks exactly like Bennett's curly cue one. I was seriously wondering what to do with that swirl but now that is it getting longer it is evening itself out. Go Barlow cowlick genes! (not really but it seems at this point after every grandchild is sporting one, there's no turning back)
December 4, 2008 at 11:02 PM
You and Greg look like twins. Love that curly cue swirl!!
December 4, 2008 at 11:31 PM
I love the pictures of you and Greg! Classic! I was trying to figure out what you would have as the Halloween costume, but as soon as I saw it, I thought "of course, what else!" :)
December 5, 2008 at 7:27 AM
Hilarious!!!!!
December 5, 2008 at 7:45 AM
I want to know why you would force such a cute kid like Jackson to where a Houston Rockets jersey. Who's was it anyway? Please don't tell me it was "I am always injured and never get out of the first round" T-mac, or maybe you are hoping Jackson gets some serious height you Greg got him a Yao jersey. My personal selection would be the Beaver Born Brent Barry who shoots like a ROSE from down town.
December 5, 2008 at 9:19 AM
haha I love that little Bennett curly in the front. It's so cute. Jackson has the best hair when he wakes up in the morning. Those boys certainly take the prize for cowlicks...but they are the cutest cowlicks I've ever seen :) haha.
December 5, 2008 at 3:16 PM
I never knew you had a cowlick, Greg. It was a beauty. I feel I know you so much better now, like we just fought a war together.
December 5, 2008 at 3:40 PM
Richards, says nice jerry curl. This was HILARIOUS!!!
December 7, 2008 at 7:12 PM
That Charlie Brown idea is great! It's crazy how many cowlicks your boys have!