We have a car renter here folks! (because you can't rent a car until you're 25!)
Sunday, July 8, 2007
Happy Birthday Greg!
Greg Turned 25 this year, and as always we were on vacation for his birthday (or just returning). But, I did manage to pull together a pretty fun surprise. I made him a book of memories and pictures from many of his friends and family. Here are a few of the memories people sent:
“The story I'll share has to do with one of the many times Greg Rose stuck it to the Man. The picture attached with the Dudes out in front of Park Place #8 and all the garbage around was one of the days I was most proud to be a member of the Dude Room and most proud to be Greg Rose's friend. After six solid weeks of leaving all that garbage in front of our apartment, the Park Place management had the gall to request a cleaning check of our apartment. When we got the notice, we all said, "They're going to check OUR cleanliness? OURS?!" We couldn't believe it. Greg was the most incensed of all of us...well, maybe it was a tie between he and Rich. Rich can get fired up. And so, in classically over-dramatic, yet somewhat responsible Dude Room fashion, we did the cleaning inside and then piled all of their garbage in front of the door to our apartment so that they couldn't get in to check it. Outside the apartment we left them a sign quoting that New Testament scripture about motes in your neighbor's eye and beams in your own. It was ahhhhh-sum, to understate it dramatically. And they didn't check our cleaning and never said a word. The Dude Room was victorious on that day...”
Trevor Weed
“One summer they came to visit/stay with us for about two weeks. Greg was probably 10 or so. One night we were playing cards and my dad puts in his Garth Brooks "The Chase" CD.
Now let me give you a little background. Every interaction I had had with my cousin Greg left me with the impression that he was a well behaved, mild mannered, somewhat shy kid. But when that CD came on I kid you not he started BELTING out every word to the song "We shall be free". He was singing at the top of his lungs.
The game came to a stop, we were so shocked and then it just turned hysterical, we were laughing so hard. We could not believe that this calm, collected boy had so much fire in him. I will never forget that night, as he continued to sing every word to every song on that cd with full of passion and gusto. To this day when I hear the song start "This aint comin' from no prophet" all i see in my mind is Greg sitting at the head of our table singing his heart out. It was a great night.”
Brittany Birnel
“I remember the summer Greg and Heidi got married, they decided to live in our old house in Highland which Mom and Dad were getting ready to sell. The walls needed to be painted, the backyard trimmed and various other chores were required which Heidi and Greg so willingly helped with. One Saturday I volunteered to help out. After all, I was at home recovering from jaw surgery and anything sounded more exciting than another day on the couch. I remember arriving at the house and listening to my Dad list off the chores that needed to be done. Then he made assignments. "Who wants to trim the branches?" Immediately, Greg said "not it," followed by Heidi, and followed by everyone else but me. Kind of a dirty trick to play on someone who can't speak because his mouth is wired shut. Actually I thought it was hilarious, I just couldn't smile or laugh to show it!”
Clark Barlow
Thanks Everyone!
July 10, 2007 at 8:25 PM
happy birthday greg. 25 i think your car insurance should go down too. :)
July 11, 2007 at 9:19 AM
Love that picture! It makes me laugh every time I look at it. I think if I worked behind a rental counter and saw that face, I'd be a little hesitant to rent him a car! I wouldn't be sure whether he knew how to drive or not.