Hooray for Air Conditioning
Saturday, July 14, 2007
It's been a long road for the three of us in our Portland apartment. Shortly after moving in we found out that we didn't have air conditioning. Not only that, no apartments in the greater Portland area did. It seemes crazy to me (Southern California) and Greg (Houston, Texas) but everyone kept telling us "you really don't need it." Now I'll be the first one to say that the weather here is beautiful. You really can't beat the gorgeous summers...but you NEED air conditioning!
Last night we became the proud owners of an air conditioner and our lives finally feel fulfilled. Gone are the days of sitting in front of the fan as it just circulates the hot air, or hanging out at the church as long as possible on sundays because it has a/c. Thanks Scott for all the times you invited us over when it was unbearable just so we could have a break from the heat. But now we can be the one to invite over those less fortunate than ourselves. A/c anyone?
July 15, 2007 at 7:09 AM
I am so happy for you! I remember the hot days and nights in Portland when I was growing up. On the really unbearable nights, I would sleep downstairs where it was cooler and my mom would bring me cold rags for my forehead until I went to sleep. Wow, what a nice mom!
July 15, 2007 at 12:54 PM
How did you guys get AC? I thought you weren't allowed? Congrats to you, I can't believe you haven't had it for a whole year! We wouldn't survive here in Vegas without AC. It pretty much blows all day long.
July 15, 2007 at 7:41 PM
yay for a/c!!
July 17, 2007 at 3:27 PM
Congratulations Heidi and Greg! We're glad you found one that worked! Hopefully it will keep your cool. Ours has been great for those extra hot days, and we can actually sleep at night when it's really hot!
July 19, 2007 at 8:47 AM
I know what ya mean!!! I remember thinking it was the silliest thing when we lived there!! We lived in nearly new apartments, and still NO AC!!! Crazy!! Lucky for us, we didn't have to withstand a whole summer out there!! Glad you're staying cool now!! Hope you all are doing well!!