I have become my worst nightmare...  

Friday, June 1, 2007

Today I thought I would do a little garage saling since the weather was nice and there were a few nearby. So I hit up a couple of garage sales and get some great items. As I am leaving I see one final garage sale and I figure, why not? So as soon as I walk up to the house they said "we don't open for 5 more minutes!" So as I am waiting there I spot these rattan storage baskets. Adorable and priced at only $1 each! And there were 6! Now for those of you who don't shop around for baskets much, Something like this is likely to go for 10 dollars a piece, and that's if you're lucky!

So I hang around the baskets waiting for the sale to start and a woman (a hoverer) starts eyeing the baskets. She starts hovering around them. She even tells another woman "I want those baskets." Now although I had a son to battle, I was not going to give them up easily. I mean, I WAS there first.

So I make my plan. As soon as the clock turns to 9:30 I walk straight up to the woman, hand her my $6 and say, "this is for those baskets." So as the other woman is fumbling to carry them, the women who just sold them to me shouts "those are sold!" What an accomplishment. I walked off with the best deal of the day, although I felt the woman's eyes staring at the back of my head as I lugged the baskets to the car.

Now many of you are familiar with this type of woman. The haggler, the hoverer. And today I can not-so-proudly say, I was worse than the haggler. But at least I got my baskets...

They look almost identical to this (the one on the bottom) Can't wait to use them!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


6 Validations of my effort: to “ I have become my worst nightmare... ”