Just the Highlights  

Thursday, June 14, 2007


Since I am on the seventh day of my nine day trip, I thought I would just give the highlights of some of my favorite moments...

1. I realized when Jackson is calling "Hiiieee," he's not saying "hi" he's saying "Heidi." Does it cause any psychological damage if he calls me by my first name instead of mom?

2. In my attempt to buy a few gel pens at Michaels, I got "carded" for being underage. How old do you have to be to buy gel pens and do I really look younger than that? Also, while out to lunch with my mom, a friend of hers said "congratulations graduate" in reference to my 18 year old sister. I guess thats a compliment. I just said thanks.

3. Jackson has just loved my parent's new puppy. He even started crawling on all fours and following him around. On a related note, Jackson has eaten more dog food since he's been here than the dog.

4. It has been quite the shopping adventure. In one week I have been to the following stores: Old Navy, Ikea, Sears, JC Penney, Urban Outfitters, Target, Tilly's, Michaels, Marshall's, Costco, Charlotte Rousse, Mervyns, American Way, It's a Wrap, Ross, and CVS. I've been keeping busy.

5. One day Hannah and I were playing with her new Nintendo Wii and we played a couple of rounds of some pretty intense boxing. For those of you who aren't familiar with the wii, it's like virtual reality where you are actually punching. We probably played for a max of 10 minutes. The next day I could hardly move...

6. The wedding was a blast, except for the fact that Susan hired an old boyfriend of mine to DJ the reception. Since he is not very socially aware, it made for a rather awkward evening.

7. We played a game of scrabble and boggle, and guess who won both? Thats right it was me. It's been a long time since I've lost a board game. I think it was sometime in 1993.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


6 Validations of my effort: to “ Just the Highlights ”

  • Williams Fam
    June 14, 2007 at 9:08 AM  

    Your little Jackson is sooooo cute!!! Thanks for the heads up on those gel pens!! Hehehe, guess I better remember my ID next time I'm there!! I wonder what the legal age is to buy glue guns??! LOL~

  • Angela and Mike
    June 14, 2007 at 8:14 PM  

    haha, I loved that. Of course you won the game...I don't think I've ever seen you lose either. Hey, the whole "ID check" thing happens all the time in my family. My sis Hannah was out to dinner with her boyfriend and his family...the waiter gave my sister a kids menu and then proceeded to say when she looked at her boyfriends real menu "oh..trying to be one of the big kids huh." haha.

  • Sharon
    June 14, 2007 at 9:48 PM  

    How did you figure out that Jackson was saying Heidi instead of hi? My Aunt Hazel's son, Les, has called her Hazel his entire life. He has never called her mom. Hmm, he's a psychiatrist. We'll have to ask him if he's damaged! Why would they card someone for buying gel pens?

  • brittany
    June 16, 2007 at 7:15 AM  

    Sounds like you're having a great trip. I always loved going home to visit.

  • Crystal
    June 16, 2007 at 1:37 PM  

    Hey, was I not a highlight of your trip? What about when Jackson almost fell off of the playground equipment, or how he learned how to feed Ryland? hehe That was funny...there is my addition to your blog!

  • Barlow Fam
    June 17, 2007 at 9:07 PM  

    Cameron called us both Mike and Susie for a long time. They just don't hear anything else. It's really funny. He does call us Mom and Dad now. Brooklyn never called us by our first names, must be because first children never hear Mom and Dad. Darling pictures. Jackson is so funny. Glad it's been a great trip.