Halloween Happened
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Let me just get something out there. I was a lame mom this Halloween. Okay. Since that is now out in the universe I can stop feeling guilty and remember that my kids think any amount of free candy is awesome. Nevermind that our pumpkins rotted before we carved them, and that Davis didn't put his costume on once (pillsbury doughboy).
But we did manage to scrape by and go to the pumpkin patch and dress up. Here is the proof.
And, yet again, I managed to trick my kids into letting me choose their costumes. Since I was an American Studies major at BYU, Davy Crockett and Paul Bunyan were right up my alley.
First I had to tell Jackson who Davy Crockett was. So I pulled up the old movies on youtube to show Jackson. He thought it was awesome. Now he keeps asking to watch it by saying "Mom, can I watch the show about Davy Crockett and the Injuns?" Just an FYI to the world that the old Davy Crocketts are totally violent and pretty racist. So much for teaching some good old fashioned folk lore this Halloween.
Bennett was thrilled to be Paul Bunyan. He held onto that axe for dear life. When I went looking at the Halloween stores for one, the woman said..."hmm you want a lumberjack axe? I'm not sure we sell axes without blood on them." Luckily I found one so Bennett can maintain his Halloween innocence at least one more year.
And since Davis didn't get a picture of a costume this year, here he is looking just as handsome and happy as ever.
November 12, 2011 at 8:11 AM
Awesome costumes! Cute kids! Happy Halloween to you guys. =)
November 12, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Great costumes!!! Your boys are so handsome! :)
November 16, 2011 at 11:35 AM
I love their costumes. Such a cute beard on Bennett. Sounds like a busy and exciting time for you guys!