Out on the town
Saturday, August 6, 2011
I love Summer. Have I mentioned this before? One of the best things about Summertime is all the day trips and adventures that come with it. Last weekend Greg and I were able to spend our anniversary in New York overnight. And in true Heidi fashion, we tried to cram in as much as possible, because that's what you do when you're on "vacation."
We walked around Central Park, took in the view of the City from the roof of the Met, and attended a work dinner at a "great tasting but is this all?" kind of restaurant. It was exhausting. And perfect.
And after getting back home on Saturday, we of course didn't take it easy after a long couple days in the City; we packed up the kids to go to the New Jersey balloon festival. And although the cheap side of me was appalled at how a high price tag could come with so FEW amenities (you pay additional for rides, entertainment, food, and pretty much everything) I couldn't help but be amazed by the 120 balloons that were inflated and launched. Breathtaking.
Thank you Summer. If you change your mind and decide to stick around until October or November this year, I'd be okay with it.
August 7, 2011 at 6:25 PM
That last picture of Greg & Bennett is so frame worthy! So cool.
August 10, 2011 at 10:24 AM
What fun times! Those balloons are so cool.