The Luck of the Irish
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Trying to explain the meaning of St Patrick's day to the the kids is kind of hard.
"Why do I have to wear green?"
"Why would someone want to pinch me?"
"Are you going to pinch me?"
"Can we go look for gold at the end of the rainbow?"
And reading about all of the festive things people do in celebration just about paralyzed me. There is no way on earth I would be able to make gold dusted cake pops filled with rainbow cake. In fact I couldn't even muster up the energy to make green pancakes.
So I took the easy route, and to be honest, my kids thought it was awesome.
Presenting: rainbow pudding. I took one large vanilla pudding, dyed it different colors, layered it in a cup and topped with cream. I think the whole thing took about a half hour and they were able to eat right away, no waiting for it to cook, or cool.
Happy St Patricks's day!
March 23, 2011 at 9:19 AM
That pudding rocks! Well done. We hardly remembered to wear green at our house.
March 23, 2011 at 9:51 AM
Wow, you are awesome. I LOVE the pudding. Totally better than gold dusted raibow cake pops, or something else that would take hours and hours. I hope you didn't pinch those cute boys! haha
March 28, 2011 at 11:59 AM
you've got skills!