January Blues  

Friday, January 21, 2011

The past few weeks have been snow heaven for my boys. We've had 2 or three huge dumps of snow in the past week. In fact last night we got another 8 inches. We couldn't be more thrilled.

Oh did I say thrilled? I meant annoyed.

Even though we finally got all the gear for the boys to play in the snow, my enthusiasm for outdoor play in January runs out pretty quickly, especially since the boys LOVE to throw snowballs at my face. Any other easy going mom would say "ha ha you are so funny, lets build a snowman," but of course I get mad and say "don't ever do that again and are you almost done because my coat doesn't even button over my belly anymore."

I don't love snow.

The only silver lining is that Greg gets another snow day from work today. But working from home doesn't make it all that much easier fror me.

And today I had several plans to get out of the house and get the kids energy out. But, in true January fashion, Jackson woke up with pink eye this morning. Blegh.

I wish my birthday was in January so this month would have some sort of redeeming qualities. Instead I will just count down the days until... hmmm when does snow melt?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 Validations of my effort: to “ January Blues ”

  • Anonymous
    January 21, 2011 at 6:27 AM  

    Winter stinks--especially January--but I think being pregnant makes it so much worse. You're already tired and uncomfortable and you don't need snow and cold on top of it all, especially when your coat doesn't fit. But January is coming to an end soon and I think they made February short on purpose. You'll make it!

  • Our Family
    January 21, 2011 at 7:46 AM  

    January is the worst! But your writing is the BEST!! You are so funny!

  • Sharon
    January 21, 2011 at 9:13 AM  

    I tend to romanticize snow when I think about it. But when I've been in it for more than 5 minutes, I don't like it at all. One good thing about living in Houston!

  • Laura
    January 21, 2011 at 2:40 PM  

    Amen! The snow and I don't mix either. Since I just had my baby we'll be staying inside probably the whole month. Poor McKenna is the one that suffers though...