What do you do?
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
What do you do when at 11:00pm you realize your moving truck delivered your husbands only two suits terribly wrinkled when he has pictures and a presentation the next morning?
Attempt to iron them yourself.
But what if you can't find your iron amid the boxes and you don't own an ironing board?
The only logical thing you can do. Buy a new suit.
This morning I raced to Kohls to pick out 4 suits for Greg to try on during his 30 minute break between classes. Fifteen minutes later Greg walked out of Kohls wearing the suit he purchased and raced back to campus to deliver a stellar presentation.
Considering I have two needy children, a house that needs to be unpacked, and two house guests, I think I have fulfilled my service quota for the week.
And yet I somehow agreed to let Greg attend a pre-season Packers game tomorrow with some of his school chums. I hate to toot my own wife of the year horn but...toot toot.
I could really use a nap.
August 28, 2008 at 12:15 AM
I hear ya sista. It has been crazy around here and i have been staying up all hours of the night just to keep/get the house clean (the only time when everyone is asleep). Mark then went out to a movie last night with his buds. Men can always go out...the women have to tend. hehe So this morning I told Mark I am getting my hair cut and I left. hehe You should try that sometime.
August 28, 2008 at 1:53 AM
TOOT, TOOT, TOOT.
August 28, 2008 at 2:49 PM
Hey, we miss you guys! How is Wisconsin? Eric and Carly are moving to Beaverton so we are really going to be left alone here. :( Thanks for promoting our site to your friends--we really appreciate it! It was fun to see people using our templates! Hope you are all well
August 28, 2008 at 5:38 PM
You forgot to add to your tooting your written work in a certain magazine :)
August 28, 2008 at 7:49 PM
I'd add a couple of back pats to the tooting of the horn.
Sarah
p.s. LOVED THE ARTICLE!
August 28, 2008 at 9:29 PM
You are a crack up! TOOT away and go take a nap! You deserve it! I hope you are adjusting to your new surroundings and am soooo glad your things finally arrived! Hopefully Sharon can help you get organized while she is in town! Enjoy the company and post pictures!!!
August 29, 2008 at 12:49 PM
Way to go Heidi! Hopefully you'll be able to get everything unpacked soon enough!
August 30, 2008 at 7:48 PM
i love reading your blog! TOOT, TOOT!!! i think all moms deserve that every once in a while!