Please don't judge me...  

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Friday night Greg embark on our 4+ hour flight to Houston. It is a red eye. We ARE travelling with Jackson and NO he does not have his own seat.

For a little background...Jackson has been sleeping on his own since he was about 9 weeks old. It was fabulous to not have to rock him to bed every night or wait for him to fall asleep. Even now he happily lays down for bed. However, the down side...

he never falls asleep on our laps. Never, not since he was a tiny baby (once after a 2 hour plane flight just as we landed).

So we decided to plan for the worst. We are taking the red eye to HOPEFULLY ensure that sheer exhaustion will play in our favor. Some of our good friends said they had a similar idea with their son, and he screamed for 2 hours straight.

Plan B.

I bought some benadryl today.

I wasn't sure if it would work, I mean Jackson might have will strong enough to barrel through the benadryl. So I did a "test run" today. It is now 4:18 and Jackson is going on his 3rd hour of his second nap (the first was an hour and a half)

I guess it worked.

For all of you who still think I am "drugging" my son, I like to think of it as "taking one for the team."

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 Validations of my effort: to “ Please don't judge me... ”

  • Renee
    December 19, 2007 at 6:03 PM  

    Hey, you will soon learn that sometimes Benadryl is a girls best freind. I hope it works tomorrow or maybe he has slept so much today that his energy will be double on the plane?! Hope for the best!

  • brittany
    December 19, 2007 at 11:32 PM  

    you are so lucky it worked. totally did NOTHING for Stella which made for a long miserable flight! I hope your flying experience is much better.

  • The Caple Crew
    December 20, 2007 at 5:04 PM  

    Oh my goodness you got so lucky! Benadryl does the exact opposite for Ryanne. It makes her hyper and she is bouncing off the walls!

  • Barlow Fam
    December 27, 2007 at 7:05 PM  

    I love Benadryl. When Cameron was about 11 months we were going to ID to see Grandma and Papa and Cameron got into the Triamenic. He drank about 1/4 the bottle. The drs said not to worry, but that he'd get pretty sleepy. I can't tell you how much I got accomplished. Hmmmm...

  • Emma Hox
    January 2, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

    I came across your blog today looking for an image of a rose and then again looking for some benadryl info after my 2 1/2 year old had an allergic reaction to an ear infection prescription and we spent a few hours at the ER. I must say I have never had so much fun reading someones blog. It appears my son is close to the same age as yours and like you we are LDS - I saw BYU t-shirts on some pictures. I hope you have the best of luck chasing Jackson as I know I have fun chasing Aldrich. I also have a new son just a few months old named Darce. Good luck in all you do and keep up the fun blog, i hope to run across it again sometime. My best wishes to your family from mine here in Washington. - Emmaline