My Husband the Hero  

Tuesday, May 8, 2007


For those of you who have not followed the details of my personal birthday history, here is a brief background to get you caught up to speed.

2004: Because it was one of the only days Greg got off work, we spent the day waiting in line at a smelly, ghetto courthouse in Van Nuys, CA getting our marriage license. We then spent a few hours in LA traffic and got lost on our way to the beach.

2005: We spent my birthday on a 6 hour plane flight returning from Greg's brother's Wedding in Washington D.C. (no offense Mike). No birthday cake.

2006: We spent my birthday driving across the beautiful Mojave desert on our drive from Phoenix to Burbank. Another memorable birthday.

So this year, needless to say, I wasn't expecting much. A cake alone would have been a step up from years past. So Greg heads off to work and Jackson gives me the gift of sleeping in until 8:00! What a great way to start off my day. So i decide to shower with my extra time rather than clean (Wouldn't you?). I shower and get all ready. By the time I get ready myself, get Jackson up, changed and fed we were pushin 9:30. So I quickly throw our sheets in the wash and sit down to play with Jackson. At 10:00 I get a knock at the door. Jessica (my friend and neighbor) hands me an envelope and says "I'm staying here and you are leaving." The first thing I thought of was 'my house is a mess...at least I got a shower.' She comes in and a card inside the envelope said that I had an appointment to get my hair done at 10! Is my husband thoughtful or what! So I got to go get my hair done WITHOUT Jackson and it was so wonderful.

So I came back from a great time and had just enough time to eat lunch and slip in a nap while Jackson napped, when I got another knock on my door. It was another friend with another envelope saying that I was to go somewhere and she was taking Jackson! Man Greg really pulled out all the stops this year. I got a 3 hour shopping trip to the Outlet mall without Jackson! I can't tell you the last time I have shopped without Jackson. I felt like I was on vacation!

You think it would stop there but the day continued to get better. Greg and I went out to Olive Garden for dinner (again we had babysitters for Jackson) and had a fantastic meal. When it came time for the check, our waitress told us that our friends (who worked there) picked up our check for us!! Can you believe it!?

So thanks to many willing friends, and a wonderful husband who knows the needs of an often demanding wife, I had the best birthday in years. I even got a cake!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 Validations of my effort: to “ My Husband the Hero ”