The Miracle of the Jimmer  

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Our last morning in Utah, we had our car packed up and were ready to hit the road when Greg got some life changing news while scanning his Twitter feed:

Jimmer was at Provo high for an event that ended in 15 minutes. The Jimmer.

We had to make it happen. So we raced down there, and got there just as the group was wrapping up.

Greg tried to play it cool:

"Oh hi Aunt Cheryl, fancy meeting you here."

"Oh Jimmer, really?"

"Sure I guess I can take a picture with him"

but inside I know he was really doing this:

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh Jimmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeerrrrrr!"


Of course we couldn't just be normal and leave without making an impression. His Aunt Cheryl suggested the boys do the Haka for Jimmer like they had done for the family reunion just a week earlier, and Greg jumped on that idea and helped bribe them with a substantial amount of candy.




I think Jimmer enjoyed it as it was certainly a break from his usual "handshake and smile" routine. But I can guarantee that Greg enjoyed it more. Aside from our wedding day and the birth of our children, this may have been the best day of his life (even if he'd deny it).

Although now that I think about it, I'm not sure even the birth of our children or our wedding would trump it. For my sake, we'll just say it's a tie.

As we left we asked Jackson what his favorite part of the two week trip to Utah was. He quickly pointed to the ground and said "This... meeting Jimmer. This is actually the best thing of my whole life."

The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree if you ask me.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 Validations of my effort: to “ The Miracle of the Jimmer ”