Star Studded
Monday, August 9, 2010

Coming back to Burbank is always enjoyable. I get to eat at my favorite local places that seem to taste better as the years pass. The weather is always just perfect. So much nostalgia seems to come rushing back as I exit the freeway.
But one of my favorite things about coming back to Burbank is going to church. It's not because I get to see so many familiar loving faces (which I also love), but because going church in Burbank is an experience.
The music is amazing. Everyone sings at the top of their lungs with incredible fervor. The piano and organ are played together and seems to fill every inch of space. The pianist plays incredible runs and puts just the right amount of jazz into the opening hymn (although my dad would argue too much).
I guess thats kind of what one would expect from a ward filled with actors, performers, and other members of the "movie industry."
And imagine my surprise as I see this guy slide into the row in front of us.
My religious world and my entertainment worlds were most definitely colliding. But of course I had to keep my cool, because around here, people don't bat an eye at major celebrities. They also don't interrupt church to ask for autographs. So I had to squash every urge I had to do just that.
And, as if I wasn't starstruck enough, in walks this guy 
I wish I could say that this wasn't a big deal because I'm not THAT big into High School Musical. Unfortunately, it was a big deal and I lost my ability to speak.
But I had to be cool, because people in Burbank don't lose their voice when they meet stars of teeny bopper movies.
But don't worry, now I'm from New Jersey, so it was okay if I just freak out inside.
August 10, 2010 at 6:03 AM
OK, that is SO cool!!!
August 10, 2010 at 1:16 PM
awesome! I want to see you if you are still here!
August 10, 2010 at 2:33 PM
I'm jealous, but I probably would have asked for their autograph anyway, just waited until after sacrament meeting. Although the only paper I would probably have on hand would be a coloring book... never mind... I'd keep to myself to avoid the embarassment...
August 11, 2010 at 10:03 AM
very cool.
August 15, 2010 at 1:21 PM
That's too funny! Travis and I were JUST arguing whether or not Jon Heder was still active. I guess that answers the question! I didn't know the dad from HSM was LDS. That's so cool! Will you take me to church with you in Califonria? :)